LAWS OF POLITICS
- •When you're reacting, you're losing.
- •Respect is more important than consensus -- and usually more attainable.
- •Repetition is often mistaken for consistency.
- •It's easier to debate the future than the past.
- •"We can't afford that" usually just means "I don't think that's important."
- •People are more outraged by hypocrisy than error or extremism.
- •Politics really is about solutions -- competing solutions for real problems, or fake solutions for fake problems, or exploiting people's belief in solutions for other ends. It can be hard to tell the difference.