Power Ballads on My Playlist This Morning
I'm off coffee at the moment so I needed some oomph to get on my bike for a long ride this morning. I am squarely in the Gen 'X thus limiting this selection to the 80s
- •Alone, HeartThese women rock.
- •Sister Christian, Night RangerOriginally named Sister Christy for one of the band members sister "Christy", this favorite took on a religious right tone by happenstance during the recording session. nevertheless, I love it. Hillary in 2016!
- •If I Close My Eyes Forever, Lita Ford (feat. Ozzy Osbourne)I cannot think of two more beautiful voices for a duet that just tears at your heartstrings.
- •The Final Countdown, EuropeI won this album at Marci Kantor's bat mitzvah after party when I was twelve. This is the only song on the album that's worth it, but c'mon - what a song!
- •Don't Stop Believin', JourneyI always loved Journey but they were neck and neck with Boston. Having lived in the Bay for 13 years now and cheered the Giants' 3 WSCs + the fact that this song closed out my wedding, Journey wins the competition.
- •Home Sweet Home, Motley CrueSo good. This song enters my head every time a plane I'm on lands at SFO
- •Every Rose Has Its Thorn, PoisonI can be pretty thorny at times.
- •Eye of the Tiger, SurvivorMy brother Dan and I were Rocky obsessed as kids. This song brings back great memories.