Top 10 2015 Series Finales
2015 was a big year for the planned endings of long running television series. I didn't watch all of them (sorry Justified, Hart of Dixie, and CSI:) but here's the 10 I did watch, ranked.
- 10.Hot in ClevelandThis was a dreadfully boring episode of television.
- 9.Cougar TownI had stopped watching after the first TBS season, and the finale wound up fairly anticlimactic. Lost in the shuffle.
- 8.Two and a Half MenPerhaps the strangest finale. The animated segment was bizarre, but the ending was inspired and memorable.
- 7.The Daily Show with Jon StewartDisappointing compared to the other recent late night finales, including Colbert in late 2014.
- 6.ParenthoodDid exactly what it needed to do, nothing less and not much more.
- 5.Late Show with David LettermanAn inspired look back at a legendary television career, filled with highlights, emotion, and a great star studded top ten.
- 4.The LeagueFunny and keeping perfectly with the series, with numerous callbacks to the pilot and brilliant casting of an older Ruxin.
- 3.Parks and RecreationA fitting finale for this series, touching on all the characters that filled Pawnee.
- 2.Mad MenSure, an in person scene between Don and any series regular would have been great, but this episode did a great job drawing this legendary series to its end.
- 1.GleeI quit watching after the Finn farewell episode, but this finale drew on emotion the way all great Glee episodes always did. It was flawed in all the ways Glee always was, but it had enough good to more than balance it out, even for someone who hadn't watched in 2 years.