HARRY POTTER MOVIES, RANKED
It must be noted that this is a painstaking process and my ranking is subjective. Warning: spoilers everywhere
- •Harry Potter and the Prisoner of AzkabanSirius Black is an awesome character. We are introduced to him here. Harry is starting to really get the hang of being the Chosen One, but he is in need of Sirius as someone to guide him outside of his circle of friends. The Night Bus is also really cool. Hagrid and Buckbeak. Hermione and the time turner (so cool) and when she punches Malfoy in the face? Even cooler. This one is my favorite.
- •Harry Potter and the Order of the PhoenixThere's lots of planning and such happening with the Order, so you might think this is boring. Also, Sirius dies in this one which is devastating. Harry (like usual) has a moment where he thinks he can do everything himself (annoying and stupid). we are spurred onward with Harry to the quest to defeat Voldemort. Harry's friends and the Order work together to fight the bad guys. Can you say #teamwork? Umbridge is awful but she makes me laugh. Dumbledore's Army is really cool.
- •Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2All the feels. The victory. Maggie Smith yelling at Bellatrix Lestrange. And epic finale. Harry has to die to win?! And then he comes back to life?! Plot twist.
- •Harry Potter and the Sorcerers StoneBaby Harry. The beginning. Where it all began. We see the love Hagrid, Dumbledore and McGonagall have for Harry and feel compassion for his situation. We learn to hate/laugh at the Dursley's. Harry learns he is a wizard! ("Yer a wizard 'Arry") The OG Dumbledore. The sorting hat. Harry and Hermione and Ron all meet. They become friends because of the Troll in the bathroom. We would be nowhere without the first movie. Too bad Quirrell is the worst. But Harry learns to fly on a broom! Score.
- •Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1Great character development. Ron is kind of an idiot. But they all are. Lots of walking in the forest. Lots of stuff about horcruxes. Sets us up well for part two. I actually really like part 1.
- •Harry Potter and the Half Blood PrinceHarry and Dumbledore go to that scary Island where Dumbledore almost died and those scary creatures from under the water attack them and then the horcrux ends up being fake. Dumbledore is super weak and they go back to get help and Severus, who Dumbledore trusted, kills him. Outrage. Confusion. Devastating. It's just heartbreak after heartbreak.
- •Harry Potter and the Goblet of FireI've seen this one a hundred times, and it just is not as good as the book. The girls from the wizard school have cool outfits. Everyone things Harry put his name in but he didn't. Hagrid crushes on that other half giant. Cedric dies, which is sad. We didn't even really get a chance to know him. The Quidditch World Cup stuff at the beginning is freaky. The mermaids are the worst.
- •Harry Potter and the Chamber of SecretsRon and Harry are idiots and almost die with the flying car and the whomping willow attacking them. Dobby is annoying. But I also love him a little bit so he is a redeeming quality. The whole Petrifying thing that happens and the basilisk and the chamber of secrets itself and the blood on the wall. Get. Me. Out.