(APPARENTLY) UNPOPULAR OPINIONS
- •Christmas decorations in stores in OctoberChristmastime fills me with unbridled joy. No matter what mood I was in before, seeing decorations makes me happier. Halloween is ok, thanksgiving I honestly couldn't give a shit less about....so when Target starts adding Christmas to their seasonal section I'm 💯 about it.
- •Same goes for Christmas musicI just don't get people who grouch about Christmas music. I shamelessly start listening to Christmas music in November and it doesn't end until New Years.
- •I don't like IPAsThis is a matter of taste v. opinion, but it's an unpopular one. Hoppy beers just aren't my thing.
- •I chose to stay at home with my kidsI do go to school part time and mostly online, but I WANTED to stay at home with my kids until they were old enough for preschool. My friends and most of the parents I know DO NOT understand this at all. "You need to have things for you too" "but adult time!" "It's good for your kids to see you achieve". *insert condescending smile* something about having kids makes your parenting decisions open for discussion. Whatever 💁
- •I don't care if the movie/tv show didn't follow the book it was adapted from preciselyI read a lot and therefore have seen a lot of adaptions. I don't understand how people can get so bent out of shape over adaptations ("it didn't follow closely enough" v "it followed too closely"). I view a show v. Movie v. a novel as separate entities which allows me to enjoy both. Do I have preferences? Of course, I'm human. But I don't go into a movie thinking about all the differences there will be. What's the point?
- •Taylor SwiftNo. I can't and I don't and I won't. I know I'm very alone on this one.