FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOKS ABOUT CHRISTMAS AND WINTER SEASON
My kids are <4 and these are our favorites.
- •The Polar Express by Chris Van AllsburgA timeless classic that never loses its magic. This book holds a great sentimental value to me. I remember my dad reading it to me and I love sharing that tradition with my kids.
- •How The Grinch Stole Christmas! By Dr SeussThen the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!
- •Snow by Uri ShulevitzEnchanting and whimsical. A little boy and his dog on the first snow of the season.
- •Rudolph the Red Nosed ReindeerOur differences are what make us great. One day you'll go back home and outshine every one who tried to put you down. I will always get behind a story like that.
- •The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack KeatsOne of my go-to baby shower gifts. Bright and elegantly told. The simple joys that all children can relate to.
- •A Christmas Wish by Lori EvertA simple, yet stunning book. At its very heart the message is kindness.
- •The Poky Little Puppy's First ChristmasJust plain cute.
- •The Night Before Christmas by Clement MooreAn absolute classic poem. Christmas Eve tradition.
- •Bear Stays Up For Christmas by Karma Wilson and Jane ChapmanHibernation means Bear misses Christmas. Not this year!
- •Merry Christmas Mom and Dad by Mercer MayerAnother favorite from my childhood.
- •Snowmen at Night by Carol BuehnerAn updated, full of humor, version of Frosty. A rhyming tale of why snowmen really look so haggard in the morning! My son loves finding the hidden illustrations.
- •Llama Llama Holiday Drama by Anna DewdneyWaiting and waiting for the Big Special Day stresses little Llama Llama out. Leave it to Mama Llama to remind him what Christmas is really about: family ❤️