HOLIDAY COOKIES, RANKED.
Cookies that are always served at our family holiday gatherings.
- •LadylocksI have heard them called lady fingers, but my Nana makes the best in the world and she calls them Ladylocks, so I default to her nomenclature. http://mindybakes.com/2012/12/29/pittsburgh-cookie-table-andor-holiday-cookie-table-ladylocks/ looks very similar to my Nan's but the creme (THE MOST IMPORTANT PART) is a little different.
- •HamantaschenGet over here you little jam filled morsels of deliciosity. http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2008/03/hamantaschen/
- •Peanut Butter BlossomsPeanut butter and chocolate is my favorite flavor combo of all time. http://www.hersheys.com/kisses/recipes/detail.aspx?id=5191&name=KISSES-Peanut-Butter-Blossoms&category=cookies
- •Pecan TassiesMini, individual, two-bite sized pecan pies? Here for it. http://www.marthastewart.com/312653/pecan-tassies
- •Salted Chocolate ChunkPreviously chocolate chip, until I started bringing these when we started the Cookie Lottery. Now they are standard. http://notwithoutsalt.com/the-last-chocolate-chip-cookie/
- •Pumpkin with Brown Sugar GlazeMore of a cake-like cookie. Simply delicious http://www.sistersshoppingonashoestring.com/pumpkin-cookies-recipe-brown-sugar-glaze
- •Sugar CookiesHere's the thing about sugar cookies, it's really all about the decorating. Which is cute! Don't get me wrong, but the actual cookie falls flat for me. I always want to like it, but I'm always disappointed.http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/sugar-cookies-recipe.html
- •PizzellesMeh embodied in cookie form.