TIPS FOR WAITING ROOM SITTING WITH CHILDREN
My kids and I spend a lot of time in waiting rooms at doctors and therapists. Most don't have toys any more (to prevent spread of germs), so here's what we do.
- •SNACKSLike a lot of snacks and backup snacks on top of that. Seriously snacks on snacks on snacks on snacks.
- •WaterKids Camelbak 👌
- •Travel Wet Ones
- •Bring SEVERAL board booksMy daughter (1.5 loves point-and-identify, but my son (4) needs a story to follow, so I bring a variety.
- •Coloring books and crayons (Crayola DUH)I get them from the $1 bin at Target and enough to share with other kids. We've been recipients of coloring book kindness more times than I can count. Always pay it back.
- •Silent fidget toysTangle Jr is very addictive.
- •Endless AlphabetAlso, Endless Numbers & Endless Reader
- •When all else fails Plex app with movies.My daughter and I spend at minimum 1.5 hrs a week in waiting rooms. It's not always easy to keep a rambunctious toddler entertained. I'm not ashamed to let her watch Winnie the Pooh AGAIN if it makes her happy and keeps her from climbing the walls.