- •As I put my kid's fish sticks in the oven (#dontjudge), I realize I haven't showered in about 2 days.
- •I set the timer for six minutes and think, "That should be enough time."They're playing downstairs, somewhat happily.
- •I turn the shower on and immediately hear the sound of little feet running down the hall.Mama!!!!!!!
- •I let the small one in, because he wants to shower, too.Except he wants to rinse himself, which requires me to fill a tiny cup with shower water that he dumps everywhere except on his body.
- •I still manage to wash my hair and most of my body. Then the big one comes in, because he has to show me a cool robot he built.And it has to be right now.
- •I look while also attempting to rinse myself and the small one, realizing the timer will probably be going off in a minute or two.
- •The the smoke detector starts going off.Still not sure why. Nothing was actually burning. May have been something on the bottom of the oven.
- •I jump out of the shower, throw a towel on my son and very hurriedly put on all of my clothes.All while trying to calm down the big one who's freaking out about the alarm sound.
- •I turn off the detector, flip the fish sticks and realize I have several more years before I'll be able to shower in peace.🚿🛁🚽