I HATE SANTA
Hot take- if I can't be honest here, then where?
- •I've never made a big deal about Santa at Christmas.I talk about the Christmas spirit, and we're Catholic so we talk about Jesus, but mostly we just celebrate the season.
- •I HATE LYING TO MY CHILDREN.I have a vivid memory of my mom telling me Santa wasn't real in a grocery store parking lot. And sobbing.
- •I'm all about the magic of the season.But why the elaborate lie? Does that have to be part of it?
- •But there's so much crap out there about Santa, and I don't want to crush their little spirits.Also, I really don't want to get shit from other parents when their kids find out.
- •So I've just been extremely vague and redirected any Santa talk to thoughts about a giving spirit.
- •But tomorrow there's a fucking breakfast with Santa at school.Let's watch the world burn.
- •Don't even get me started on Elf on the Shelf.