ONE YEAR SINCE PITTSBURGH
We lived in PGH for 9 years after college. Last November we moved to NH so my husband could switch jobs and we could get a change of pace. So far, so good, but I do still miss some things.
- •Our neighbors/neighborhoodWe lived in Swissvale, which has a bad reputation, but was a great place to live! We had tons of awesome neighbors, could walk to the grocery store, playground and church. I also got to help the neighborhood moms group get started and watch the community develop while we lived there.
- •The attractionsThere were so many cool museums. We went to the science center, natural history museum or the zoo at least once a week. They were all 15 minutes away. We're an hour from Boston, parking is expensive and stressful, and the zoos don't even compare.
- •The diversityWe hung out at the JCC almost every day. My friends were Jewish, Muslim, Christian and atheist and so were my kids friends. They saw POC every day, and I miss that big city melting pot. NH is VERY white.
- •The foodPoint Brugge, Smoke, CF
- •Our friendsI miss having people who knew me before kids. And the built in support system of people I'd known since my oldest was born. And neighbors I could ask for literally anything from (and who brought us amazing food every weekend).
- •Being 8 hours from "home" in IndianaNow it's more like 19. We have no family here.
- •Knowing where everything was.I'm still gps-ing on the reg here.
- •We love NH, but I still feel nostalgic sometimes...