"THE BIG TRIP" Day One [🚙]
Enjoy our descent into madness.
- •Dover, NH to Pittsburgh, PA: 12 Hours
- •We left at 7:15- just me and the kids for the first part of the trip.
- •3 stops- McDonalds playplace (🙌🏼), peeing on the side of the road (1 reason I love having boys), and gas.Dec dipped his chicken nuggets and apple slices in ketchup.
- •First 30 minute detour- I wasn't paying attention OR google maps redirected me (I just can't say)
- •Second detour- to avoid a 36 min backup we were rerouted through Pennsylvania Amish country, and it was amazing.Seriously one of the prettiest areas I've seen in PA. We saw a kid who couldn't have been more than 7 PLOWING A FIELD behind three horses. It made me want a simpler life.
- •It was gorgeous.
- •The kids made it SEVEN HOURS without iPads.This is mythical.
- •Finally made it to Pgh and had dinner with old friends.Feels like home.
- •Kids went to bed at 10pm. They'll sleep in, right?