UGH I HATE MAKING NEW FRIENDS
I went to see Bad Moms tonight with a moms group (movie: awesome, outing: ehh). It was classic new guy moves by me the whole way through.
- •Rolled in late bc of overcommitting.Plus side, got a much needed haircut.
- •Awkwardly pulled a chair up and attempted to make conversation with the 2 people I sort of knew who were there.These are not my people.
- •Had to give chair back bc other table needed it and volunteered to walk over and save seats.For 10 people. On a preview night.
- •Had awkward beer buying encounter at concessions.Popcorn for dinner bc of lateness.
- •Spread belongings over 10 seats and had to guard them.They finally got there as the movie started.
- •Semi tried to converse with one person I knew who was sitting next to me.She's either shy or hates me.
- •Texted my only friend in town to complain and thank her for hanging out with me.
- •Enjoyed movie.Kristen Bell is the best.
- •Awkward small talk with other person I knew.She was friendly and did make an effort, but I don't think we're destined to be BFFs or anything.
- •Quickly bailed before having to talk to others.
- •We've been here 8 months. I need to find my people.