WAYS I'VE BEEN CONDITIONED
- •When I hear mariachi music, I immediately expect to be eating Mexican food.I literally start salivating. There better be chips and salsa.
- •For many years after high school, any time I saw an authority figure, I checked to see if my shirt was tucked in.That's a demerit at Catholic school. Weird when it was a police officer.
- •When I hear a young baby crying, I still have a phantom let-down feeling.Haven't nursed in 2 years.
- •White noise immediately makes me fall asleep or at least get very, very tired.
- •Ditto with the songs of Amos Lee.Specifically Black River and Bottom of the Barrel. So many hours singing and rocking crying babies.
- •When I see Donald Trump, I feel nauseous.Hoping he'll be out of the news soon. 🙏