Teacher Appreciation Week: Day 1 My Favorite Teacher
Who was your favorite teacher? Why were they special to be you?
- •My favorite teacher is my 12th grade English teacher, Mrs. Daly. She challenged me and created a classroom environment that made comfortable with taking risks. When she read excerpts from our essays as samples of good writing to the whole class, it really shaped my confidence in writing and my love for English (which I teach now😀).
- •My favorite teacher was an English professor. In one of his classes he gave an assignment to write a short story that pariodied Earnest Hemingway's writing style. He gave out quarters to the students with the best papers, but mine received a gold dollar. That's my favorite story about him, but it's just a small part of why he was a great teacher.Suggested by @justjills
- •I had a seventh grade social studies teacher who single-handedly reenacted the assassination of Rasputin. If you know how Rasputin died the you understand what a feat this was. She was passionate about her job.Suggested by @pathb
- •My favorite teacher was my tenth grade world history teacher and twelfth grade AP European History teacher. She changed my life by being passionate and loving.Suggested by @amieshmamie
- •I had a bunch of fantastic teachers who helped me achieve my dreams! When I needed to sit an entrance exam for university, they gave up their free lessons and lunch breaks to teach me extra courses. I am INDEBTED to them.Suggested by @Diplomatic_diva
- •My favorite teacher was Mr. Jernt, he taught Government and had every member of my family (sisters & cousins) in the years before me. We got to become the legislative branch for a project and make "bills" into laws. He gave us candy when we got answers right!We got to pick ANY supreme court ruling to write a paper on and that's when I learned about Loving vs. Virginia. He was a registered independent and let all us realize we were little Austin liberals on our own time. He reminded us to register and vote because I graduated during a presidential election year. He's the reason I'm this way!Suggested by @Boogie