The Best Lessons My Students Taught Me
Thanks for my first request @Lindi ! I changed it a little... Couldn't think of any bad ones (maybe it's bc I miss them over winter break lol)
- •Best: Be who you are and show them that you care.My favorite aspect of teaching is building relationships. Students must feel loved, accepted, and appreciated.
- •Best: What you do every day matters more than what you do once in a while.This is a @gretchenrubin quote that I have in my classroom. It is a reminder for both me and my kiddos that there is purpose in the minutiae of school.
- •Best: Be presentAnd not just in terms of attendance. Be there & be aware.
- •Best: Be over prepared.Have a plan A, B, C, D...etc.
- •Best: Detours have purpose, too.Some of the "gems" in each class period come unexpectedly.
- •Best: like what you do & they will tooStudents recognize and reciprocate genuine enthusiasm