MY MUST-WATCH CHRISTMAS MOVIES
The season just isn't the same without watching my favorite Christmas movies. Here are a few I watch each year.
- •ScroogedBecause Bill Murray is such an epic asshole, but still a pure delight. And because you can really sympathize with his reckoning.
- •Irving Berlin's White ChristmasSong, dance, and a hotel in distress that needs to be rescued. Basically, it just makes me want to get snowed in up in Vermont somewhere. And Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen are fantastic together.
- •The Nightmare Before ChristmasBecause no good deed goes unpunished. But also because it's about realizing your strengths and playing to them, not trying to be everything else. And the music kicks serious ass.
- •Rudolph the Red-Nosed ReindeerCreepy claymation FTW. But really, every character in here is adorable, except for the ones that give you nightmares. Definitely some holiday nostalgia.
- •The Polar ExpressOne of those "was it a dream?" adventures that's rendered beautifully, even if the special effects are circa 2004. Great story, great visuals.
- •Disney's A Christmas CarolThis 2009 film featuring Jim Carrey is a favorite to watch. The story is classic, but the interpretation is stunning. Beautiful graphics.
- •It's A Wonderful LifeThis gets me. Every. Damn. Time. It's also one of my Top 5 Movies of ALL TIME. Bedford Falls, George and Mary, lassoing the moon...swoon.❤️ (If it doesn't make you at least tear up, you have no soul.)