SHIT THAT GOES THROUGH YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU FIND A STASH OF HIGH SCHOOL PHOTOS
- •The tanorexia is not hot. It was never hot. I was purely orange, in no shade that existed in nature. (Makes panicked mental note to go to derm for mole mapping.)
- •The overplucked brows are very questionable, especially given as how a) I have always had PHENOMENAL brows, and b) I cannot believe that a paid salon professional thought it was a good idea to wax them into tadpoles.
- •Upon closer inspection, I'm more or less willing to forgive myself on the sartorial choices of the time (khaki pageboy caps, 4" platform flip-flops, blatantly branded t-shirts from Abercrombie, American Eagle, etc.).
- •The bikini-on-a-beach supermodel pose with "I MISS U" spelled out in sand is as laughable, almost, as thinking you were going to marry your high school boyfriend.
- •Your high school body was super small. (Makes mental note to go HAM at gym; quickly checks self with note that 17-y/o physique is unattainable and unhealthy to strive for as 29-y/o woman.)
- •You miss your friends. A LOT. And you're lucky (& grateful) that you're still so close with several of them, even 12 years later.