THINGS A COUPLE VIOLENTLY ILL WITH FOOD POISONING SAY & DO
The day before Thanksgiving, no less. What sort of terrible irony is this?
- •"It had to be the nachos. HAD TO BE. There is no other common denominator."
- •Email sent at 6:30 a.m., after first round of nausea: "Hi all, I'll be working from home the first part of the day due to food poisoning. I plan to come in around noon."
- •"My mom just texted me a bunch of instructions on how to treat food poisoning."
- •A: "I almost passed out walking upstairs." M: "Okay, how about we stay down here from now on."
- •"We are never eating at [restaurant's name] ever again."
- •"They've killed us." M, as he walks up to the house with a bag of Gatorade, face hardened like an international spy.
- •Email sent at 10:01 a.m., approximately 3.5 hours later: "An update: unfortunately, I won't make it in today. I'll be taking the day off."
- •"I hate [restaurant's name]. I hate it so much."