Controversial Interpretations of the Iliad Put Forth by the Film Troy
According to Wikipedia, the film Troy is "loosely based" on Homer's Iliad. Since all translation is interpretation, here are the most striking creative decisions. Also: it's worth noting I have not seen this movie since 2004.
- •The storied "rage of Achilles" is inspired by the tragic death of his... little cousin.
- •[Ed. Note: Admittedly, Patrokylus is played by famously handsome actor Garrett Hedlund and cousins were a more viable option back then]
- •Achilles loooooooves Briseis...Instead of all this Agamemnon shit being mainly a matter of principal.
- •Ajax: easy enough to kill (despite his legendary abilities with respect to avoiding that)For that matter: Agamemnon too.
- •Achilles subsists on a diet of lean protein such as grilled chicken, egg whites, nuts and seeds.
- •The Iliad would be more satisfying it were also the Aeniad