Remembering My College Graduation
Which was one week ago today. ;)
- •(I used to journal every single day. It was very therapeutic. But somewhere along the way, I got busy and stopped. I have other ways of commemorating life & its moments. I guess Li.st is one of them!)
- •06.11.16, Seattle, Husky Stadium. Weather forecast: rain. 🌦🌦🌦
- •My friend & I took the bus. In our dresses and heels. Yellow cords around our necks. Cap and gown in our hands. A sweet elderly couple sitting across from us smiled, "Congrats, girls! So exciting! Hope the rain holds up!"
- •Btw - The whole grad weekend I carried a disposable camera with me I bought on Amazon. So fun to NOT see the pics right away, what a concept! Naturally, I snapped one of us on the bus. 📸
- •We raced across the bridge in our heels, met up with friends, found our line-up spot, threw on our gowns. Go time.My friend brought flowers for everyone. Sweetest!
- •Parading in & everyone is trying to spot their family in the 40,000 seat stadium. A few texts later, found em! 👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼Note the sea of umbrellas.🌂
- •A lot of speeches, some more captivating than others.
- •A jaunt to the bathroom. Far away. A long line. Only three stalls. A lot of nervous graduates worried about missing their moment.
- •The rain. Luckily, all grads were provided ponchos. Garbage sacks with head holes really. I'll never forget the moment when all at once a sea of grads ripped open their ponchos and loudly rustled them on over their dripping caps. Amazing. & only in Seattle. ;)
- •Oh and my beautiful cap before it was rain soaked. (& my friend's cap).My ideas ;)
- •Secretary of Interior gave the commencement & she was awesome! I especially liked the part where she said if you don't know what you want to do, that's okay. Be prepared for it to totally change. 😅
- •Four hours later & it was the bachelor degrees' turn to get our diplomas. 45 seconds of smiles, pictures, hand shaking & then BOOM - done, that's it, it's all over.
- •Pictures. Crowds. Family. Done.
- •And free cheeseburgers at Dicks. 🍔🍟🍦 A perfect ending.
- •🎓🎓🎓🎓🎉🎉🎉🎉Now to find a job. Ha.