Why Do Great Shows End?!
I watched the Gilmore Girls finale last night. Laughed. Cried. Then felt that depressing longing feeling when it was over, like that's it? That's all I'll see of Stars Hollow & these people's lives?? I hate ending amazing shows. (Yes, the revival is a very happy thought but still, it's gonna be different.)
- •Some things I will miss about this show:
- •The writing!I laughed out loud several times every single episode. Dripping with sarcasm & wit. They talk so fast, you gotta turn the volume up & really watch or you'll miss moments. It's sincerely impeccable scriptwriting.
- •Lorelai & Rory banterThe dialogue in this show I tell ya. 💯
- •Luke's dinerI wish it existed in my neighborhood. I'd stop in ten times a day.
- •Emily & RichardAwful obvi but I don't know I liked them at times. Emily is so ridiculous she's hysterical. (Like when she told off Mrs Huntzberger in this gif ohhh yeaaa!)
- •Paris!Perhaps my favorite character at the end of the day. Her lines were over the top hilarious! She became so endearing.
- •Their homeSo many memories, what a journey.
- •SookieEveryone needs a friend like Sookie in their life. So funny, yet honest & consistent. I'm still looking for mine.
- •The theme songI love it & my 9 mo old niece dances to it & it's the cutest thing you'll ever see. Carole King baby.
- •Heart & humorIt sounds cheesy but it's hard these days to get all that humor & brilliant writing combined with heartfelt, real moments. I loved following these characters' story arcs.
- •Grumpy baseball hat flannel shirt wearing coffee making Luke"I just like to see you happy." :')
- •Lane & ZachYou guys, I came to love Zach! Didn't know if I would. And Lane - I've always adored her. Talk about a great best friend.
- •Antics of a small townIt seems so unreal, only in Hollywood, but it's charming and endearing and comedy.
- •The outfits of Rory & LorelaiSomething about that early 2000s fashion. So intriguing to me what those two would pull together.
- •Rory & meFunny thing but where I'm at right now & where Rory was at the last season are pretty similar. I just graduated college & am job hunting & it feels overwhelming & you feel not good enough & like everyone around you is succeeding. But then a door opens up. (I'm still waiting for my door.)
- •Ending each night with an episode or two or three. ;)Does that make me really sad that I got excited for that each day? Hey whatever gets you through the days I guess.
- •So much more. Waaaahhhh. I hate endings!
- •But...I can't wait for the revival in the fall. Until then, I think I'll start season one again like tonight. Ha!