Tv I Watched With My Parents Growing Up
- •Burke's LawThe 90s revival of the 60s classic. No one has ever heard of this show—it was short lived— but I was obsessed with it.
- •The Weather ChannelMy family loves TWC. Maybe like how your family loves your local NFL team. We refer to each meteorologist by first name. (Or nickname—looking at you, Storm Master G) This affinity hasn't waned.
- •Dr. Quinn Medicine WomanIf the Internet had been around when this was on, Joe Lando would have been the face of "Hey Girl".
- •Touched By An AngelThis was on way past my bedtime but my mother would let me watch it because it was, like, church.
- •My So Called LifeI watched this in real time and have basically never shut up about it.
- •Bob Vila's Home AgainThis was my gateway drug to HGTV.
- •Mad About YouThe lady from Twister! I think they named their baby Mabel? In my small, young mind they lost all credibility there.
- •HockeySpecifically the Detroit Red Wings. A fixture October through June. Gritty, raw, and badass— a true reflection of the city. Remember when the puck would turn red or blue depending on how fast it was going? Adorable use of technology.