WAYS THE ONCE UPON A TIME FAMILY TREE IS SUPER AWKWARD
An amazing show that cannot be thought about too deeply.
- •Emma Swan, aka "The Savior," is about the same age as her parents, Snow White and Prince Charming.Granted, it's because of a time-freezing curse, but it still makes for some awkward mother-daughter conversations.
- •Captain Hook is Emma's true love. Too bad his ex lover is Emma's son's grandmother (his father's mother).If Emma and Hook got married, that would mean that Henry's step-father had slept with his grandmother.
- •Regina, the Evil Queen, is Henry's adoptive mother. But back in fairytale land, she was Snow White's step-mother.So Regina is both Henry's mother and step-great-grandmother.
- •When the writers emphasize the oddity of the situation and make Henry collectively reference his adoptive and biological mothers.He often has line like, "Hi, moms!" and "I'll go get moms."
- •Henry's grand parents include: Emma's parents, Snow White and Prince Charming; Neil's parents, Rumpelstiltskin and Mila (the one who left him for Hook); Rumpelstiltskin's current wife, Belle; Regina's parents, Cora and the King.And yes, they are pretty much all called "Grandma" and "Grandpa."
- •When Prince Charming has weirdly intimate conversations with his daughter that would be completely normal if they weren't the same age.Somehow, the role of "protective father" becomes very creepy.
- •The fact that they are so close that when one person decides it is their mission to go down to the Underworld, the entire town (including the kid) marches down to Hades, just for the heck of it.Because what else is there to do in a small town?