A NOTE TO THE CLASS OF 2016
Request from @k8zinker 💁 My youngest sis is part of this graduating and I'm so proud of y'all. If I could give you any advice—
- •Don't freak out about getting a job right away.
- •It's going to be hard not to.
- •Especially if you're Type A. Or have a parent/guardian breathing down your neck. (They only want what they think is best for you.)
- •But have some fun this summer and enjoy yourself.
- •Because, unless you chose a line of work that gives you the summer off, this will be your LAST SUMMER VACATION.
- •Let that sink in.
- •You will never have another summer break.
- •So enjoy it. Because life will happen as it wants to, whether you rush it or try to slow it down.
- •Travel if you're able, laze around, read, hit the beach, hang with your friends, road trip, craft, whatever.
- •Just take the time to explore yourself as a person. You just spent the last 20 or so years in schooling and under the pressure of someone else's hopes and dreams for you (parent, teacher, etc.). Take some time to stretch and see who you are without the structure of school and assignments.
- •Enjoy your last vestiges of freedom before The Man puts his stamp on you and takes the majority of your money (this is surprisingly legal and called "taxes").