LET ME TELL YOU A BIT ABOUT WINE
I helped out my friend's dad at a tasting event of his vineyard's wines, so I'm basically an expert. On his wine.
- •Hi! How are you? I'm great, thanks! We have here a great trio of Cabernet Sauvignons.
- •This 2013 Cab is full-bodied, but smooth and easy to drink. There are still a few cases available for sale, if you're interested.
- •Taste it next to the 2014 barrel sample, which will be bottled next month and available for sale in October.
- •Slight yet interesting differences, right? You can really tell this wine will be even better in a few years.
- •And if you want a wine to drink sooner and not save, try this 2014 barrel sample. It's made on the same vineyard from different blocks of land and different clone variations. Also a Cab.
- •Delicious, right? The tannins are incredible.
- •You can taste the 2013 bottle at that table there, but it's unfortunately sold out.
- •Sure, great question, the vineyard is at a 700-ft elevation overlooking a lake, so it gets the lake-effect weather and you can really taste that in the wines.
- •Yes, that's right, 100% Cab.
- •I don't want to brag, but I sold 5 tasting cases (same blend featuring three different years), signed a number of people up for the upcoming shipments, and converted a few into vineyard ambassadors.(Why do all the work when you can get others to spread the good word?)
- •Hire me.
- •I take payment in cash, wine, and leftover food from the tasting.