WHEN SPOTIFY DISCOVER WEEKLY FAILS YOU
- •Have you ever listened to the radio station 103.5 KTU? That's what this playlist sounds like this week...Don't get me wrong. KTU has its spot in my heart. As a teen, that's how I was introduced to Cher and the dance version of "If You Could Read My Mind"
- •I feel like I'm locked in a 90s dance club. Except I'm on the NYC subway... Actually, there's probably a lot of similarities...
- •Show Me Love - Safari Radio Edit, Mobin MasterI 100% first heard this song on KTU.
- •Independent Woman - Destiny's ChildNow, I love this song. But this is my "Discover Weekly" playlist... I feel like I'm being punk'd. April Fool's was 2 weeks ago, guyz!
- •Hideaway - Zac Samuel Remix, KieszaThis song as that classic "ooo, aa-ah, ooo, aa-ah" hook that is really definitive of 90s danceclub music.
- •I Need Your Love (Don Corleon Dancehouse Remix), ShaggyShaggy? Really???!!!
- •Ain't No Other Man, Christina AguileraHow did I mess up my suggestion algorithm?! Like, 3 of the songs on the list are new to me. Was it all the Beiber I listened to last week???
- •Say Something - Zac Samuel Remix, Karen HardingI'm just going to full on fist bump. ✊
- •Sissy That Walk, RuPaulWoo, RuPaul! Werq! "Now sissy that walk!" Love RuPaul! But RuPaul is, like, the epitome of KTU. They used to do morning segments with her.
- •Hypnotize - Radio Mix, Notorious B.I.G.Obviously Biggie is 🙌, but this is my discover playlist!
- •Bye Bye Bye, *NSYNCI forgot about the asterix in their name...
- •Saving My Life, Gorgon City"Can you feel a dark force in the air?" If there wasn't a dance beat behind this, I'd think I was listening to some Alt-J or Bon Iver.
- •Do you think my discover algorithm is messed up from my Gin and Juice research? ALL THE LYRICAL REFERENCES TO "GIN AND JUICE," THE LIST YOU NEVER KNEW YOU NEEDED
- •But everyone check out the Fresh Finds list. It's 🔥🔥🔥