The results of my last ten pitches
I pitch topical photoessays to places that run photo essays or places that certainly could.
- •Rejected—Too hard to produce
- •Ignored—Editor didn't get back to me before the subject died
- •Rejected—Editor seemed to think I wouldn't be able to pull the project off
- •Rejected—No budget for photography
- •Rejected—No reason given
- •Rejected—No plans to run photos without significant textual elements
- •Rescinded—Subject was forcibly committed to a mental institution before editor could accept or reject
- •Deferred—Editor asked to move this project to October.
- •Ignored—Editor from 8 ignored my second pitch
- •Accepted—Half-rate offered because of new relationship