Ever Since I Started Writing My Dissertation I....
- •Am always late to everythingUsed to be obsessively, annoyingly early. Now there's no time, there's never any time, Jessie Spano style.
- •Have thinner hairAm now rocking 'old woman of the village' scraggly hair.
- •Find myself lost in thought in rando placesMentally writing chapters during 40-minute showers, forgetting to pull the cord on the bus, staring at walls. Literally staring at walls as an hour passes.
- •Cry a lotStress, exhaustion, anxiety. They manifest during Dancing With the Stars and if my dog is stubborn during a walk. I'm emotionally compromised.
- •Have permanent bloodshot eyesNo moar computer screen ever pls pls pls.
- •Forget to eatIt can happen.
- •Eat two meals at a timeIt does happen.
- •Never sleep, Always sleepStress, exhaustion, anxiety.
- •Find myself appreciating the good in my life more than everMy dog, my friends, my boyfriend. The sun, OHMYGOD. How delicious a homemade meal tastes. Exercise. Staying in bed on the weekend. My brain, and how it's capable of thinking hard enough to get me a terminal degree.