Already on li.st? Open in app.
I returned to work today from vacation & these are the thoughts I had
- •Beach front property
- •No shoesSeriously have a blister because I had to put real shoes on today
- •The PJ-swim suit- PJ attire
Currently on vacation in the Grand Cayman, if only every Wednesday could be like this.
- •Was attacked by a stingrayWent to Stingray City (seriously a must do) and while I was minding my own business watching them swim around one literally jumped on my back. My mom & sister watched it happen & died of laughter.
- •Puked of the side of a boat
- •Held multiple starfishThere was one I would like to adopt & take home with me. Who would have thought starfish could be so snuggly?!
Because apparently, I puke while riding on transportation.
- •Taxi Cab 🚖After a few too many dirty martinis while out with my girlfriends. To be fair, it was a 40 minute can ride & I had blacked out in the bar before we ever left. I tipped extra & apologized profusely. 🍸🍸🍸
- •Airplane ✈️After a night of way too many margs while hooking up with a boy from college in our post- college life (adulting is hard, as proven by that sentence). The lady next to me on the plane was so nice & thought I was just an anxious flier & not a hungover asshole
- •Boat 🛥Oddly, not drinking related. Just an upset stomach & snorkeling that resulted in my very ungracefully hanging over the side of a boat puking my guts out trying to keep my swim suit in place.
- •Trains & Buses watch out...
My version of a vacation gratitude list
- •Had my mint tea on the balcony watching the waves with my momma
- •Bought a new swim suit that actually fit at a random store.Really living that mantra this year of "how to get a bikini body - have a body, put a bikini on it"
- •Breakfast Quest, vacation edition.Thanks Treats! (& to the cashier at the dive store that recommended it).
Because sometimes, adulting is hard & you need to recognize your victories.
- •Downloaded the new Adele song, Hello. (25 is officially pre-ordered)The fact that this list has anything else on it is a small miracle. Really didn't want to leave my bed, but instead listen on repeat in my jammies all day.
- •Unpacked my suitcase from this week's business trip.
- •Put away the (v,v wrinkled) clean laundry that had been piled on my bed for longer than I care to admit
Because I fly a lot, figured I should write down some helpful hints for flying. I'll add to it as I think of more (normally while on an airplane).
- •Naps. 😴I love a good nap. In a bed. On a couch. But my favorite nap is always on an airplane. Which is why my preferred seat is always the window.
- •Beats headphones. 🎧I always bought the cheaper headphones, friends & I had no idea what I was missing until I slipped on those beautiful Beats. Goodbye airplane noises, hello all my favorite songs.
- •A good playlist. 🎶I have currently have 4 playlists with airplane in the title. The airplane playlist is different from a road trip or going out playlist. It doesn't need to pump you up & shouldn't include songs that you feel the need to sing along to at the top of your lungs (unless you want people like me to hate you) it needs to be a bit mellow but enjoyable for the duration of your flight.
- •CoffeeI mean, let's be honest, when does coffee not make me happy? But brewing that cup this morning was glorious.
- •The 1975 on BBC1 Radio BreakfastGrimmers. Matty. GEORGE. God bless Julia for doing the lord's work & recording that shit at 3 AM for all the rest of us to wake up to.
- •Driving to work with the windows down & sunroof open.It is OCTOBER & this occurred.
Root, root, root for the home team!!
- •Kansas City Royals
- •Kansas City Chiefs
- •Oklahoma City Thunder
- •Mizzou Football