Household Noodles Ranked
Types of noodles you find in your house ranked. Meaning these are not pasta dishes- I get that macaroni and cheese is delicious, but macaroni noodles are useless. Also, shells and fettuccini did not make the list simply because I do not keep them in my house- however, shells & cheese (the gross Velveeta kind) is my fav- so sue me.
- •Macaroni (elbow pasta)The most useless noodle. Only popular because of one dish. Some people use elbow pasta in pasta salad, but why when you could use any other edible noodle?
- •RotiniA little fancier than macaroni, and used in a few different dishes, but only for pasta salad at my house. This swirly noodle is fun, but not all that practical.
- •SpaghettiYeah, pretty much the same as the macaroni noodle. Just so boring. I only use it for spaghetti, baked spaghetti, or chicken spaghetti. The only reason this is higher than rotini is the use that I get out of the noodle.
- •Angel hairCan be used as a side dish, as a main course, or eaten raw as a snack! Great in a lemony dish or a light marinara.
- •PenneWidely used at my house. The way it holds a little sauce as if it were a tiny straw- delectable. More substance (and fancier) than angel hair or rotini.
- •Bow tieSoo good. Highly recommend swapping out any of your regular pastas for bow tie pasta every once in a while. It just keeps life interesting.
- •PoolDid you think a pool noodle wouldn't be on this list? Well, they are good for lots of things: cushioning ladder steps for loft beds, play fighting, entertaining children for hours, not to mention the pool. The possibilities are endless!
- •Your brain!Yes, I'm referring to your brain as a noodle! So use it! It's the most useful and amazing thing you've got, so put it to good use and find ways to use the other noodles on this list!