I am obsessed with podcasts! I will recommend podcasts to you whether you like it or not. Some of these are public radio shows available as podcasts, other are only available as podcasts.
- •This American LifeThe original. The show that made me a public radio nerd.
- •RadiolabRadiolab, my eternal favorite. Ostensibly it's a science show, but it's about stories and sounds. It's a full aural experience. No other show sounds like Radiolab. Check out "Stochasticity" and "Falling"
- •99% InvisibleAn exploration of design, architecture and the hidden aspects of everyday life. Roman Mars has the most soothing voice on the planet.
- •The Skeptic's Guide to the UniverseScience news from a skeptical perspective. Not skeptic in the Jenny McCarthy sort of way-the legitimate science-based way.
- •You Must Remember ThisThe first thing I do on Tuesday morning is check for the new episode of You Must Remember This. The Charles Manson's Hollywood series was gripping, terrifying long-form storytelling.
- •GastropodScience and food. They recently did an episode just on Cilantro, if that doesn't convince you to listen.
- •Answer Me ThisHelen and Olly give advice and answer general questions. Utterly hilarious.
- •The AllusionistHelen from Answer Me This is the host. It's all about words and how we use them.
- •Reply AllA show about the Internet. It's like hanging out with you cool internet friends.
- •Planet MoneyThe only reason I know anything about economics and finance
- •Backstory with the American History GuysThis show is like geeking out with your favorite history professors.
- •The Splendid TableThis show makes me hungry every time I listen to it. You could ask Lynn Rosetto Kasper what to make with sauerkraut, ice cream, and dog shit and she would come up with a delicious recipe.
- •More or LessA show about statistics! They investigate questionable statistics claims made in the media