Songs That Remind Me of Me a.k.a Songs I Relate To
I had a bad day at work so I made a playlist of songs that remind me that there are other people like me out there everywhere and I'm never alone. Includes my favorite lyric from each song!
- •First Aid Kit - King of the World"Now I wasn't born for anything / wasn't born to say anything / I'm just here now and soon I'll be gone"
- •Billy Joel - I Go to ExtremesLiterally the whole song
- •Dawes - Somewhere Along The Way"She went from table manners, to tunnel vision, to premature farewells"
- •Wilco - Sky Blue Sky"Oh, if I didn't die, I should be satisfied I survived, It's good enough for now"
- •Shakey Graves - Hard Wired"Yeah I am as I was / sick with mercy and love / well, I'm sorry enough / I was hard wired"
- •Langhorne Slim - Restless"One day I felt so good nothing could bring me down, the next morning I awoke, I was plastered to the ground"
- •David Bowie - Life on MarsLiterally also the whole song
- •Violent Femmes - Good For/At Nothing"Yes, that’s what I’m good for / I am good at something / that's exactly what I’m good for / I am good for nothing"
- •CAKE - Jolene"Jolene heard her father's uneven snores. Right then she knew there must be something more."
- •Hurray for the Riff Raff - Amelia's Song"But you're not made of stone, you're made out of honey / and you can't be consumed by my life"
- •J Mascis - Circle"Everything is temporary anyway / when the streets are wet the colors slip into the sky but I dont know why that means you and I"
- •The Avett Brothers - Talk on IndolenceThe whole intro
- •Middle Brother - Someday"I love to give every part of my best / maybe someday I'll give you the rest"