Fears of an American-Asian Going to Asia for the First Time*
*Haven't been since birth. This is real.
- •How the fuck am I going to survive a 12 hour flight?Don't worry it's direct
- •Food poisoning. All of the food poisoning.
- •Is the seafood safe to eat?
- •Not having enough local currency for souvenirs and important things like eating.
- •People speaking to me assuming I can speak back
- •Bringing the smallest suitcase but need 2 weeks worth of clothingCan I do laundry?
- •Is the Courtyard Marriott and Hilton Doubletree the same size as the US?Don't answer that
- •Will people automatically know "which type" of Asian I am?
- •Figuring out the train
- •Getting lost. Very lost.