Good Things That Happened Today
I can't stop reading the news, and it is making me so angry, so I need to refocus. I am such a not-angry-at-the-news type of person but I guess we all have our breaking points. So hey, what happened to you today that made you happy? Let's share.
- •My daughter got her braces off!Breaking my no-photos of my kids on social media policy because today sucked.
- •My kids both had good parent-teacher conferences
- •I made turkey chili AND banana muffinsI am basically Betty Crocker, I think we can agree.
- •I get my new book cover tomorrow!Okay, it was supposed to come in today and didn't , but it is something to look forward to tomorrow.
- •One of the dogs pooped on the carpet, and I'm 99% sure I blamed the right dog.You fellow hound owners know this is a real triumph, am I right?
- •That's about it. What about you?
- •The water came back on three hours earlier than they'd threatened!Suggested by @bookishclaire
- •I finally finished a book I've been reading for seemingly a hundred yearsSuggested by @bookishclaire
- •The Wiz Live on NBCIt was so great! The cast was incredible and the production value was higher than the last two NBC musicals and UGH I want to talk about Uzo Aduba foreverSuggested by @k8mcgarry
- •@imc sang a beautiful solo at her wonderful school concert.Suggested by @gwcoffey
- •A friend from grad school passed my resume along at the foundation she works at which I just applied for a job at!That sentence was horribly written. But I'm tired and I've been drinking beer.Suggested by @evak
- •I flew to Atlanta to visit one of my best friends, and I haven't seen her in over a yearSuggested by @LizDawson