EXCERPTS FROM FAMILY DINNER
- •"Your mother and I always tell each other if we're going somewhere farther than Northridge," my father said.
- •"You know what Dad's therapist told him," my mother said. "Anxiety attaches itself to something."
- •"It needs a vessel," he added.
- •"Mom and Dad think you have poor judgment," my brother said.
- •"Mom and Dad know you smoke weed," I said.
- •"I always tell your mother that if I ever left her, I would live in the trailer park in Topanga Canyon," my father said.