To set the scene, I just graduated high school and I'm leaving for an out of state college at the end of summer...
- •So it's the summer after senior year, filled with goodbyes and grad parties.
- •And to be a little honest, I'm not that broken up about the good byes.
- •I'm kind of scared of my lack of feelings and don't know why I'm so cold.
- •I love seeing all of my friends outside of school. It's really nice to see everyone relaxed and having fun.but it doesn't feel like goodbye
- •I'm scared I'm wasting this time with them by not feeling sad, or not treasuring it enough.am I making the most of my time??
- •To go along with the friend goodbyes, I'm the most worried about leaving home.
- •Of course, I will be homesick and miss my family so much, but right now I don't feel it.
- •Even though I love my family a lot, I'm kind of...ready to leave?and I'm not that broken up about it
- •It's as if something's wrong with me, I don't have emotions or it just doesn't feel like goodbye.I want to be sad right now, and not feel so much regret in the future.
- •I feel bad that I'm not super broken up, but it's hard to treasure the moment right now when I'm so stuck on the future.
- •thanks list for (list)ening to my thoughts
- •side note: I have to start listing more positive things!! not just teenage angst