Tattoos 18 Year Old Me Wanted but (Luckily) Didn't Get
If I were the tattoo-getting type, which I'm not, these are things I thought about when I was around 18.
- •A star on the top of my hand between my thumb and forefinger.First of all - what? Why? I don't know. But I thought about it. I think it had something to do with similar tattoos I'd seen on people and I really liked it because I thought it was simple and "subtle." Hahaha, ok.
- •A bird on my back right beneath my neck.This one I've thought about for a long time. I can't give a solid explanation for this other than the fact that birds keep popping up in my life in a myriad of ways, and so I feel a special connection to them. Also, I think it would just be pretty.
- •The quote "I will take your words of wisdom, dear" on my ribcage.This is a line from one of my favorite songs of all time: "While the Fire was Out" by Brighten.
- •The Maine's "M" on the inside of my wrist with the words "I must be dreaming" surrounding it.While I still understand the intense sentimental value this holds for me, it is almost so cheesy-sentimental for my taste. Which is probably why it's a good reason I wouldn't get a tattoo - I think my tastes change too much.
- •Long stem flowers behind my right shoulder.I actually still think this would be nice.