Top 5 Places to Get a Mocha in Seattle's U-district ☕️
As a former undergrad at the UW, it was my mission to find the best mocha in the U District.
- 1.The Ugly Mug CafeSituated in a little hideaway, blink and you'll miss it, this charming cafe has the best mocha in the U District. The secret? They use real chocolate that melts down. It's a sweet and rich. The espresso is of real quality, and the staff is super friendly.
- 2.Cafe AllegroCafe Allegro boasts itself to be the first coffee house in Seattle, a city where coffee shops are ubiquitous, literally on every corner. It's located in an alley, and you'll almost think you're headed in the wrong direction before you spot it. It's a hipster haven and plays the college part, but seriously, this is some fine coffee. It ever tastes burnt and I always get the right balance of bittersweet.
- 3.Cafe SolsticeI can't think of a more quintessential university area coffee house than Cafe Solstice. The music is blaring, the lighting is dim, tables are always filled. But the vibe is what it is, and I kind of like going here for that reason.
- 4.The Husky GrindYou have to trust me on this one. The Husky Grind is located in the District Market abutting Alder (undergrad dorm) and conveniently located by a major bus stop. The powder mix they use is good and the coffee is surprisingly lovely. And bonus: the dessert case has some of the best cakes and pastries I've ever had.
- 5.Herkimer CoffeeThis one is located pretty far up The Ave, next to Cowan Park. One of the benefits of this is that it's not usually teaming with students and is relatively quiet. Also, it's cheaper than the other mochas of the same size and still delicious. It has a little more of a modern feel to it, which is nice, and the staff are generally very sweet.