THE MASTERS CLUB DINNER MENUS RANKED⛳️
It is a tradition for the winner from the previous year to pick the dinner for all Master champions the following year. Here are some of the menus from years past. Credit to http://golf.about.com/od/majorchampionships/a/champdinner.htm.
- 18.Sandy Lyle 1989Haggis, mash potatoes,and mashed turnips. No thank you.
- 17.Trever Immelman 2009South African bobotie. I am not a fan of meat pies.
- 16.Bubba Watson 2013,2015Its simple. I just would never get grilled chicken in such a situation.
- 15.Bernhard Langer 1994Turkey and dressing and black forest torte. I would wait for Thanksgiving for this meal.
- 14.Fred Couples 1993Chicken cacciatore. Not a favorite of mine.
- 13.Tiger Woods 1998Cheeseburgers, chicken sandwiches, french fries, milkshakes. What you would get when your are 22 like Tiger was at the time.
- 12.Nick Faldo 1997Fish and chips with tomato soup.
- 11.Vijay Singh 2001Seafood tom kah, chicken panang curry, baked sea scallops with garlic sauce, rack of lamb with yellow kari sauce, baked filet Chilean sea bass with three flavor chili sauce, lychee sorbet.
- 10.Mike Weir 2004Elk, wild boar, Arctic char, and Canadian beer.
- 9.Mark O'Meara 1999Chicken fajitas, steak fajitas, sushi, tuna sashimi.
- 8.Phil Mickelson 2011Seafood paella and machango-topped filet mignon as the entrees. Also includes a salad course, asparagus and tortillas as sides, plus ice cream-topped apple empanada for dessert.
- 7.Zach Johnson 2008Veal osso bucco ravioli was on the menu but he went all out. The menu also contained chilled jumbo shrimp, crab cakes, lobster bisque, filet mignon, seared ahi tuna, Iowa corn pudding, sweet potato casserole, and flourless chocolate cake.
- 6.Charl Schwartzel 2012A chilled seafood bar, which includes shrimp, lobster, crabmeat, crab legs and oysters. The main course is a "braai," a South African barbecue, which includes lamb chops, steaks and South African sausages. Dessert of vanilla ice cream sundae. Also in the mix are salads, cheeses, plus sides such as sauteed sweet corn, green beans and Dauphinoise potatoes.
- 5.Phil Mickelson 2005Lobster ravioli in tomato cream sauce, Caesar's salad, garlic bread.
- 4.Angel Cabrera 2011An Argentine asado, a multicourse barbecue featuring chorizo, blood sausage, short ribs, beef filets and sweetbreads. His most famous dinner story is eating 9 Tiger Woods burgers at one of these dinners.
- 3.Jordan Spieth 2016Texas Bbq is always a crowd pleaser.
- 2.Adam Scott 2014Surf-and-turf on the grill, including Moreton Bay 'bugs' (lobster). Started with an appetizer of artichoke and arugula salad with calamari. Main course of Australian Wagyu beef New York Strip steak, served with Moreton Bay lobster, sauteed spinach, onion cream mashed potatoes. Desserts of strawberry and passion fruit pavlova, Anzac biscuit and vanilla sundae. This is the dinner I would most want to get invited to.
- 1.Tiger Woods 2003The menu included porterhouse steak, chicken and sushi. Also on the menu were sashimi, salads, crab cakes, asparagus, mashed potatoes and a chocolate truffle cake. This would be the most similiar option to what I would choose.