THINGS I GREW UP EATING AND DRINKING THAT I CAN'T BELIEVE ARE POPULAR NOW
- •Chicken WingsThey use to give them away at the supermarkets because no one ate them here in Dallas. Then they started charging but it was still very cheap. Now with the wing craze, its expensive to get wings.
- •Bone BrothWe drank this whenever we were sick or wanted to boost our immune system. Now they are popular in NYC and other places.
- •SirachaWe used it for lots of Asian dishes even Pizza. Now Siracha is literally everywhere.
- •SeaweedWe would eat this as a snack or put it in popcorn. Now seaweed popcorn is considered Artisan.
- •Pork BellyPork belly has exploded into the restaurant scene in the last decade.
- •Coconut waterI miss the days when you could only get it at Asian supermarkets and not $7 like Harmless harvest.
- •MangoEverything is now mango infused or some other fancy way of presenting Mango. Half the time its just syrup and not even the real deal.
- •Spring/Summer rollsAfter wrapping these babies up for 2 decades, you can call me a pro.
- •Watermelon juiceThey use to offer this free in LA as a palate cleanser/dessert at Chinese restaurants. Now you can sell your soul for a bottle.