EVERYTHING I BOUGHT FOR MY NEW (TO ME) CAR TODAY
Monday night I purchased my very first car at the ripe old age of 22 (well, almost—my birthday is next Friday so CLOSE ENOUGH) and I'm pretty pumped about it. Naturally, I had to go out today and buy a million (read: maybe 10) things to make it feel like my car and not a rental or a loaner.
- •Febreze air vent clipsBecause it didn't smell like much of anything and I'm a sucker for good scents. Candles are my jam.
- •A tiny trash canBecause I didn't want to start collecting trash everywhere already and there's no spot in the glove compartment to just hook a plastic bag.
- •Hand wipesBecause you never know when you might need them. They fit perfectly in the side door cup holder.
- •Disinfectant wipesSame as above, but they didn't fit in the side door so regular cup holder it is for now I gueeeess.
- •Rain-x rain repellent sprayBecause I don't want streaky windows that get all smudgey in the rain, duh.
- •A 13ft aux cordSo anyone in the car can be in charge of the music. But for some reason it doesn't work. I guess that's what I get for buying one from FiveBelow. 😋
- •A 10ft lightning cableSo anyone in the car can charge their iPhone. This one is also from FiveBelow but seems to work fine so idk what's up.
- •2 cheap blanketsOne from Walmart for $2.50 to line the trunk and one from FiveBelow for—you guessed it—$5 that's a little more plush to actually use as a blanket.
- •A small notebook and 2 pensTo keep track of important car-related things. Or if I just need to write something down while I'm in the car. Idk, it just seemed important.
- •A pair of scissorsThe heavy duty kind that can cut through that awful plastic packaging. I've needed scissors in the car multiple times, and my mom has always kept a pair, so it seemed like the right thing to do. Also could work for self defense if I was super desperate I guess??
- •When possible, everything I bought was either black, white, or grayBecause my car is all black (inside and out) and I wanted to keep that vibe going strong. 👌🏻