PHRASES MY MOM-MOM USED TODAY
My mom and I went to visit my mom-mom today (about 2 hours away). She has early stages Alzheimer's, which at this point is a lot like talking to Dory. She was born and raised (and still resides) in southern Maryland, so she always has some quirky things to say. Here are just a few from today:
- •"Y'mean?"Extremely shortened version of "you know what I mean?"
- •"Some people just don't deserve for their feet to touch the ground."Sick burn. A little too morbid for me though. Basically, they don't deserve to walk the earth; they should be dead. Ouch.
- •"I swear to Pete!"Exclaimed multiple times.
- •"If you can't sleep in that you better just get up out the bed!"In reference to a pair of really soft sleep pants (which I actually would never be able to sleep in; I'd be way too hot).
- •"I hope to goodness ______________!"Example: When she wasn't sure if she left her wallet in her room or not after we'd been out all day. "I hope to goodness it is!"