WHAT KEEPS ME UP AT NIGHT
Not comprehensive. Sometimes melatonin is my best friend. (I should be asleep right now.)
- •Writing stuff in my head that I'll forget by morningThis includes a wide range of material: list ideas/content (including this list, naturally), that cover letter I've been meaning to send, fanfic of shows I don't watch anymore. (Also, I literally haven't written fanfic in years so idk where the inspiration comes from…)
- •Worrying about tomorrowEven though I know I'm supposed to let it worry about itself (sorry, Jesus).
- •Thinking about a mistake I made at work that dayThis may or may not include me mentally drafting and re-drafting what I'll say to apologize to my boss.
- •Sweating/feeling too hotCan anybody sleep when it's hot?? This is the worst, especially because I can't sleep without covers, so I sometimes end up in a lose-lose situation.
- •Rehearsing a conversation I need to haveMost recently, discussing a car purchase with my dad. This particular instance included me thinking a lot about the numbers I need to compile so he can stop refusing me/dragging his feet. I almost got right out of bed to write it all out.
- •Staying awake for too longIt gets to the point where I've passed that really sleepy period of time and have entered a second wind. Instant regret at not going to bed when I was at peak sleepy and knew this point would come.
- •Thinking about my fearsWhen I'm trying to coax my mind into dreaming, sometimes I accidentally veer into thoughts of what* I DON'T want to dream about. I then spend a stupid amount of time trying to force myself to think about something else, which is nearly impossible. I just have to let it happen naturally. *Top two subjects: spiders and eternity
- •Absolutely nothingSometimes it's a mystery and I'm unable to sleep for no reason. This is almost always when I'm hella tired and/or need to wake up early the next day. Such is life.