A CONVERSATION I HAD TONIGHT, OR: MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH BAKED BEANS
- •Context: @DanM and I had just purchased some cans of Heinz vegetarian baked beans at Vons.
- •Context: I love these baked beans. Intensely.
- •Me: "Should we drop the baked beans off at home first? Or leave them in the car while we're at the movie?"(We were heading out to a movie)
- •Dan: "Hmmm. I don't know."
- •Me: "Leaving them in the car makes it much more of a target for thieves trying to break in."
- •Dan: "If we keep them in the car, you'll feel comforted knowing there are baked beans right nearby."
- •The result.
- •No one broke into my car while we were at the movie.
- •Their loss.