FAVORITE CHILDHOOD COMPUTER GAMES
Windows 1998, anyone?
- •Putt Putt saves the zooThe original classic. The elephant and the mouse. The sleeping pride of lions. Cutting the ribbon to the zoo at the end when you won. Putt putt travels through time was cool, too.
- •ZoombinisThose little blue guys were so cute. Pre-minions.
- •Oregon TrailFord the river, or caulk the wagon and float?? Also taught me that the proper way to cure snake bites was for someone else to suck the poison out for you and spit it out. That's definitely come in handy in life.
- •Backyard BaseballSwing batta batta batta swing! We want a pitcher, not a belly itcher!! Also backyard soccer and backyard football.
- •Spy Fox in Dry CerealThe gadgets were so cool. Also loved the ozone layer one and some assembly required.
- •Pajama SamNo need to hide when it's dark outside, and Pajama Sam 2: thunder and lightning aren't so frightening. These were such good ones. A game of cheese and crackers, anyone?
- •Freddi Fish and the missing kelp seeds
- •4th grade adventuresSomething educational about Mayan ruins. I always felt smart for playing it when I was not yet in fourth grade.
- •Rollercoaster TycoonLoved making the umbrellas different colors and watching all the different ones pop up when it rained. Also vomit. So much vomit.
- •The SimsMy longest running computer game obsession, lasting from 2001-2007 probably.
- •Detective Barbie Carnival MysteryThis was actually REALLY hard. And the culprit changed each time you played, which was awesome. There was also a cool water slide in the carnival.
- •Nancy Drew: The Final SceneLiterally the hardest computer game there ever was. My brother and I gave up, and my mom started playing it. I don't think she solved it, either.