THINGS THAT WERE V COOL AT MY HIGH SCHOOL
Suburban east SF Bay Area high school
- •Playing water poloI think we were #1 in the nation my senior year #sports
- •So4mo"Sneak out for make out"
- •Having a carpool spotIn the school parking lot
- •Going to Bianca's for lunchWe didn't have an open campus so if you left for lunch you were a #rebel
- •Going to NationsLate night burger joint in the center of town. Everyone would go here after parties broke up and after school dances
- •ECNADDANCE backwards. The big party that was always thrown Halloween weekend. Always broken up by cops and whoever didn't get in their car / run fast enough was in danger of an MIP
- •Drinking at elementary schoolsWe would sneak out and get drunk late at night at the elementary and middle schools before we were old enough to have / go to parties. Retrospectively it's very weird that we did this. I blame it on California not having basements
- •Hotboxing cars at grizzly peakBeautiful views of the east bay from the Berkeley hills. Everyone either smoking or hooking up. Actually this is still cool
- •Hyphy musicWe listened to so much e-40, mistah fab, keak da sneak, and Mac dre, and we were all so, so white
- •Ice blockingBuying large blocks of ice from Safeway and sneaking onto the golf course at night and sliding down the hills on the ice. West coast sledding?
- •Senior lawnArea at the top of the quad that only seniors could hang out in
- •Leadership classIt was cool to be a pep rally leader and homecoming royalty. Friday night football and basketball games were a thing
- •Gossiping about the crafts teacherHe was young and attractive and supposedly hooked up with several students