THOUGHTS ON: MLA FORMAT ESSAYS
Something that every student in the English field must deal with is writing papers in MLA format. Is it a good thing? Is it a bad thing? Let's check.
- •It's good because it gives credit where credit is due.If I was an author, I'd flip my desk every time somebody tried to take my work and turn it in saying it was all them! 😡
- •It organizes your paper and makes it more readable as well as offering room for editing.That Times New Roman-size 12 font-Double spaced-one inch margin rule? Yeah that's what I'm talking about. I can dig that part of MLA Format.
- •It's bad because you can easily mess up on it if you don't stick to the rules and order of things. When I mean mess up, I mean your paper will be shunned and branded with a big fat "F".Professor: Oh it appears that you didn't include a page number for this quote... That's plagiarism! "F" Student: 🙇😵😭🏫🔫🚶
- •It also requires us to do more and this format is not for the lazy student which sadly makes up a majority of us.A works cited page? Really? Do we really need it? Who's gonna check this anyways?
- •Am I right or am I right? We hate to love it but love to hate it but either way we're stuck with it.
- •LAST THOUGHT: Don't try to work your way around MLA Format, you will get screwed over for a stupid mistake and it's not worth it. Cite everything correctly and for English's sake, make that damn works cited page and be proud of it✌️