THE BEST THINGS ABOUT MY CAT PICKLE
We put our two and a half year old cat to sleep recently. Feline leukemia is a sad thing to behold.
- •We found him on the side of the road. He was four weeks old. Tiny, tiny and sick. He was running as fast as he could down a four lane road into really busy traffic. He scream-meowed when my mom picked him up.That's what he looked like right when we picked him up.
- •He had fleas. I had to wash him in vinegar, because he was too young for flea treatment. This is where his name came from.
- •He once climbed the screen door all the way to the top and yelled at us until we helped him down.I regret not getting a picture of this. Instead here's the face he made when he meowed and also panted.
- •He was afraid of a stuffed panda, but not of huge, alive dogs. I don't know why.
- •He wore a tie for Christmas.
- •He had great ear hair.I called him an old man regularly.
- •He had hearing loss, but would pretend he didn't. It was awesome because he would ignore loud noises but would casually scan the room like he was listening.
- •He played with my bed-ridden grandma who has dementia and she always asked about him.
- •He let me rub his belly even when he didn't want me to, if he knew I needed it.
- •He was an amazing cat. We had him cremated and put in a nice box so he can move in our first apartment with us once we are married.
- •One more picture for posterity.He tolerated a lot of pictures.