VERSIONS OF COCA-COLA RANKED
Not all Cokes are the same. A really good one is to be enjoyed and is a treat, not a daily beverage you drink mindlessly. It may be noted that I grew up in Atlanta.
- 1.Fountain CokeCoke from a fountain machine has the best carbonation/syrup ratio. Those in fast food restaurants, movie theaters and convenience stores seem to be extra good. Must drink through a straw.
- 2.Mexican Coke in a glass bottle, well chilledThe real sugar. The glass bottle on your lips. Do not even think about pouring this in a glass or over ice.
- 3.Coke IceeA frozen Coke is the best afternoon treat on a hot afternoon. Bonus if it came from the front of a K-mart in 1987.
- 4.Coke in a can or bottleIt's ok in a pinch but still reminds me of drinking mildly warm after a dance class or swim meet. Not so much enjoyed as inhaled. And not fully satisfying.
- 5.Two liter CokeAlways flat.
- 6.New CokeRemember that? Only on the list because my mom gave us a taste test of New Coke and Coke Classic in Dixie cups when we got home from school one day. Coke Classic won, of course. I just remember what a fun surprise her game was.
- 7.All low calorie/caffeine free CokesWhat's the point?